18 Month Needles can be Stinky

Today Laura and Bradys got their 18 month needles. We've been lucky as they are usually pretty good with their needles. Crying initially and carrying on through the day as if they had never had them. Again we were lucky as today was no different.

The day was fantastic, beginning with stinky diapers and a great breakfast. This has become a typical morning in this house. Our goal was to be out of the house by 9:00 am, we pulled out of the driveway at 9:10 am. I think leaving only ten minutes later then scheduled isn't bad at all. My husband did everything he could to get us out the door by 9 am, but it was Mommy that was running behind today. Regardless of my procrastination this morning, we still made it to the doctor's office on time.

As always when we got to the doctor's office Laura and Brady were the entertainment for everyone. They have a unique way of making friends everywhere they go. And like anyone else, they enjoy the special attention their new friends give them. Twice during all of her cuteness at the office Laura managed to poop, making the stinky diaper count in this house up to 4 before lunch.

They both cried at the poke of the needles but were fine once they we left the office. We decided to take advantage of Daddy's having the day off work and go to the mall for a little window shopping. Because they've been so good in the past we knew they'd be fine after their needles, so off we went. They were excited when we got to the mall. There is a double fire truck cart they enjoy riding in.

During our adventure at the mall I even managed to talk Daddy into going to the Zeller's Diner Restaurant for lunch. This is a big step as he's been nervous about taking Laura and Brady into a sit down restaurant. I've only been asking him to for months. With it being so close to lunch time though, my idea won him over and off we went. Laura and Brady we as good as gold and spoiled rotten. The waitress even gave them free smartie cookies for dessert. This after Daddy had already treated them to their first drink of chocolate milk.

Once finished eating we continued to wander the mall for a little while longer and then headed home. Laura and Brady fell asleep on the way home and went straight to their cribs for their naps. They were quite tuckered out from their adventurous morning. Thankfully lunch and naps were a good break from the stink however, it they both woke up with stinky diapers. That's where I stopped counting.

I'm not sure if the stinky diapers were payback for the needles or not.But poop and needles aside, it was a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Great post, I can only imagine two at once!

    We have two girls with 2 years between them, the early years were challenging at 5 and 7 they are now best friends! That defiitely gives you a break!!

    I also remember the dilemma of taking the girls to a real restaurant, it was a real growing up experience.

    I am following you from the bloghop.

    Feel free to drop over to our kid friendly educational blog!

    http://beourbest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be the mom of twins so I am going to learn everything about it from you! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls were never cooperative with needles (still aren't at 4 and 6). I always took them by myself and would have to a nurse help me hold them while another nurse gave the shot. So heartbreaking. Thanks so much for joining our Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop! I'm following you back.

    Kel
    www.betweenthelines-kel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 7 kids and I would never trade that for twins. LOL
    http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time with two at separate appointments! I couldn't imagine twins! LOL

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm following you back! :) Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    Kim
    http://www.chubbycheeksthinks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe, your post made me giggle. You are very lucky they are so good after needles, my kids were never that good and the youngest(9 mths) seems to take about 5 days of crankiness before she's over it.

    I didn't have twins but I had my first 3 kids close together; 3 in diapers for awhile...I should have bought shares in diapers. LOL! Great blog btw!

    I hope you pop back over to enter some giveaways for the March Madness event I'm having March 15-20th only. Sponsors from LeapFrog, Hasbro and more; 6 giveaways just on my blog but 75 blogs are participating and have many other giveaways you can hop along to. I know I'm excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. needles for sure can be stinky!

    Stopping by to return the follow favor. Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete