Babys 1st Doctors Appointment

Prior to becoming a Mommy, I would literally leave my house maybe 20 minutes before my doctors appointments. The doctor's office is approximately 15 minutes away from our house. I mean it didn't take me long to throw on my coat and shoes. Nine times out of ten I would make it to the appointment on time.

When it came time to take the twins to their first doctor's appointment, I didn't think I would need to leave that much earlier. How much more time could it possibly take to pack up the twins. Problem is, me not thinking was just the problem I didn't think at all. Of course it was going to take at least double the time to get ready. Let's just say that despite having the help of my husband and my mother-in-law, we were late. Not just late, really late.

Roughly 30 minutes before their doctor's appointment, my husband and I grab the twins to load in their car seats. Sounds easy enough except, they were only about a week old. Non-stop dirty diapers and dirty these diapers definitely were. As quickly as we could my husband and I changed the diapers and outfits, yes it had been one of those, or I guess two of those. We had to change their entire outfits as well.

By the time Laura and Brady were cleaned, changed and packed in the car seats we had 5 minutes to get to our appointment. I called the office to let them know we were going to be late. Fortunately they were understanding and if anything my husband and I provided the office with some great entertainment for the day. I'm sure the way we ran into the office, each with a baby in our arms. I know the receptionist sure had a good laugh.

That was the first of many lessons for me to learn. Also the first of many times I would be late and blame it on the twins.

1 comment:

  1. Following back now. Thank you for stopping by and following me. I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete